The FitQuest project at Heriot-Watt University, Scotland is looking for an Android developer to help polish up our App and release it on the markeplace. FitQuest is a location based exergame designed to encourage 10-12 year old children to take more physical exercise during the school day. We're currently running a study in 10 Edinburgh schools to establish how effective it is. (you can find out more about the project here or in this paper).
We're looking for a pragmatic and cheerful app developer who has:
- experience in developing for Android and putting apps on the market place
- experience in working with legacy code bases
- experience in releasing projects as open source
- experience in games app development an advantage
- Edinburgh location an advantage, but we can also work with Skype
Notes: As we already have a working prototype, we are looking for someone to scale it up to be robust enough to be released on the market place. We anticipate this will be a relatively small project. As we are a publically funded project, the app will be free.
The project must be completed by mid April 2014. If you are interested, please email Judy. Robertson [at] hw.ac.uk with a short cv and a link to your previous apps, and your pricing model by 20th March.